Brewing The Perfect Tea
Quick Tea or The Method of Brewing Tea When You're In A Rush
1. Grab 1 1/2 teaspoons of our tea, drop into one of our empty teabags or strainers, put into mug.
2. Generally speaking, fill the mug with the hottest water you can find (if your brewing green tea, mix in a little cool water).
3. Steep for 3 minutes, then discard tea leaves and you’re good to-go.
Simple directions for perfect tea every time.
1.Use one teaspoon of tea leaves per cup. If brewing a pot of tea, throw in an extra teaspoon for the pot.
2. Warm your empty teapot or cup by rinsing it with boiling water. Discard this water.
3. Bring fresh, cold water to a rolling boil. Pour boiling water over tea. For green and white teas use slightly cooler water (170 - 180 F).
4. Steeping times are crucial as a properly brewed tea can not be judged by color alone. Steep all green teas for 3 minutes, black teas for 3-5 minutes, and oolong teas for 5-7 minutes. Herbal infusions steep to desired strength.
5. Using an infusing device or strainer, separate the leaves from the water.
6. Sip slowly and enjoy!
How to prepare Iced Tea
1. Use twice the tea (or half the water) and twice the steeping time as normal and follow the instructions above for preparing hot tea.
2. After removing the tea leaves from the brewed tea; cool the tea until it is only slightly warm.
3. Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour the warm tea over the ice. This will yield a glass of iced tea 1/2 full of ice–the perfect ratio.
4. Enjoy with a wedge of lemon, some sugar or just plain!
How to prepare Chai
Chais can be prepared either plain or with steamed milk or cream.
Plain : Brew one teaspoon of tea per person for 5 minutes (or according to taste).
With milk : Brew two teaspoons of tea per person for 5 minutes. Add steamed milk or cream to taste. Sweeten with sugar or honey.
Decaffeinating any tea at home
For the tea lover who is sensitive to caffeine at certain times, or for those who want to moderate their caffeine intake, there is a simple method for partially decaffeinating just about any tea. The procedure is easy and fairly effective. Because caffeine is so easily dissolved in water, about 85 percent of the caffeine in a cup produced by traditional steeping methods will dissolve in the brewing water within 45 to 60 seconds of steeping. You can take advantage of this to significantly lower the caffeine content in your cup by using the following procedure.
Measure tea as you usually do into your favorite pot.
1. Pour the hot water you would normally prepare for steeping over the measured tea, and set your timer for one minute.
2. When the minute has expired, pour off the liquid and discard.
3. Heat fresh water to the appropriate temperature for the tea at hand, pour it over the wet leaves left over from step three and allow the tea to steep for the usual time.
4. Pour the resulting second infusion into your cup and enjoy.
This simple process will yield teas with 2.5 to 10 milligrams of caffeine per cup, depending on the tea and the brewing parameters. However, like most other decaffeinated teas, there will be some loss of flavor and aroma.
STORING YOUR TEALUXE TEA
TEA SHOULD BE STORED IN AN AIR-TIGHT CONTAINER AND KEPT IN A DARK, COOL, AND DRY PLACE TO BEST PRESERVE THE AROMA OF THE TEA. OUR TEAS WILL STAY FRESH FOR UP TO A YEAR WHEN STORED IN A TIN.
TEALUXE TINS ARE AVAILABLE IN TWO SIZES WHICH HOLD APPROXIMATELY 100 GARMS OR 200 GRAMS DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF THE TEA. TEALUXE TEA TINS ARE REUSABLE ,WE RECOMMEND YOU GET ONE FOR EACH FLAVOR YOU HAVE. BUY ONE FOR YOUR HOME AND FOR YOUR OFFICE.
How to make the perfect cup (8oz) of Tealuxe Tea
|Amount||1 1/2 tsp||2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp||1 1/2 tsp|
|4 mins||2 mins||3 mins||3 mins||6 mins||4 mins||6 mins||